Next Wednesday we will be hosting ‘Wellness Wednesday’, this will encompass a series of events that will promote Wellbeing amongst our school community. The main details are:
- Classes will finish at 11 am next Wednesday
- Staff and students are encouraged to use the break from tuition time to get out and go for a walk.
- Students will be asked to track their steps and send a step count & proof of same with a screen shot from their watch/phone via a Forms link. This link will be emailed to all students.
- The house with the most steps gets 30 merits
- The individual student from each year group with the most steps between 11 am and 3.30 pm will win a €20.00 gift voucher
We are also hosting an information session for parents & guardians at 7pm. This will be via Zoom and delivered by Health and Wellness Ireland.
To join the Zoom Meeting please follow the link –
Meeting ID: 883 4642 8732
Overview of the Presentation
This presentation will cover the importance being health aware for parents. The first 25 minutes of the presentation is for you the parent. The last 15 to 20 minutes will give a really good overview of the new ‘Student Health Matters’ program that we will run in Coláiste Fionnchua and the importance of every student taking part in this program.
Define health awareness?
Do we know our current health status?
Quality of life measures are critical for the world we live in right now.
Our immune systems and lifestyle choices through nutrition.
The six pillars of wellbeing.
Student Health Matters Program
The date for this presentation is 10th February, 2020 at 7pm. This presentation will be delivered online. We would appreciate it, if one parent or mentor can make themselves available to attend. We will record the presentation to view later if for some reason you cannot attend.