Coláiste Fionnchua Re-Opening Updates
The countdown to the 2022 – 2023 academic year has begun and we look forward to welcoming all staff and students back on campus.
Please see below the return to school dates for each of the year groups.
|First Years Only||Thursday 25th August|
|Third & Sixth Years||Monday 29th August|
|Second & Fifth Years||Tuesday 30th August|
|TY, LCA, and Rang Barra||Wednesday 31st August|
Please find below our school calendar for the 2022/2023 academic year.
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2022/23
- School re-opens Thursday 25th August (First Years Only)
- School re-opens Monday 29th Third & Sixth Years
- School re-opens Tuesday 30th Second & Fifth Years
- School re-opens Wednesday 31st TY, LCA, and Rang Barra
- Day off (no classes) Monday 26th September
- 6th year, 3rd year & LCA2 Parent/Pupil/ Teacher
- Meeting Monday 10th October
- Mid-term Break 31st Oct– 4th Nov (Inclusive)
- Christmas House Exams 16th – 21st December
- Christmas Holidays Wednesday 21st December
- School re-opens (All Students) Thursday 5th January
- 1st Year Parent/Pupil/ Teacher Meeting Wednesday 11th January
- 2nd Year Parent/Pupil/ Teacher Meeting Thursday 26th January
- Pre-Certificate Exams Week Beginning 6th February
- Mid-term Break 13th – 17th February (Inclusive)
- 5th and LCA 1 Parent/Pupil/ Teacher Meeting Tuesday 21st February.
- 3rd, 6th year & LCA2 Parent/Pupil/ Teacher Meeting Thursday 23rd March
- Easter Holidays Monday 3rd April –14th April (Inclusive)
- School re-opens (All Students) Monday 17th April
- May Bank Holiday (school closed) Monday 1st May
- Day Off (no classes) Tuesday 2nd May
- Leaving Certificate Graduation Mass Tuesday 23rd May
- Transition Year Graduation Wednesday 24th May
- Summer House Exams Week Beginning Monday 29th May
- Summer Holidays Friday 2nd June
- State Exams Wednesday 7th June
JCT Staff Training & JCT Cluster Day (no classes) – Dates to be confirmed
Please also note below information regarding the costings for each year grouping for the upcoming year.
|Year||Book Rental||Locker||Photocopying||Journal||Insurance||TOTAL DUE|
|LCA 1 & 2||€40||€20||€12||€10||€18||€100|
* The cost of additional activities during Transition year has been built into the student services charge. A detailed list of these activities will be made available to parents and students by the TY coordinator on our return to school.
Furthermore, there may be extra costs to all students for school related activities such as attending plays or recitals, visiting art galleries, specialist speakers and more. We will endeavour to limit these costs.
Please note that all school related payments must be made via Way2Pay. Way2Pay accounts will update next week.
Below you will find information pertaining to reopening of our school.
1. School Transport
NB: Please note that school buses will not run until on Thursday the 25th of August. Parents will need to organise transport for their son/daughter on this date.
2. School Uniform
Students are expected to follow our uniform rules as outlined on the school website.
3. School Bags/Books and Lockers
Students are encouraged to pack smartly for school, they should only bring the required items for the classes they have on their timetable. Teachers will outline what is required in the first week. The need to bring workbooks, etc. to class will be kept to a minimum. Students will have access to individual lockers.
4. Student Movement (Year Group, Base Classrooms, Practical Classes, Toilets, etc.)
Class groups will have base classrooms assigned to them and teachers will move between classrooms.
Students will also have assigned seating in each classroom to ensure they sit at the same table as much as possible.
Students will only move for options within their assigned group or for subjects that require access to specialist rooms.
A one-way system of movement will be in operation in the building.
Access to toilets will be as before and they will be cleaned regularly due to the enhanced cleaning schedules we will be implementing.
5. Breaks and Lunchtime
Break – 10.50 am – 11.05 am. Food is provided free of charge in the school canteen.
Lunch – 1.45 pm – 2.20 pm. School canteen is open to purchase lunch, snacks & drinks.
Students will be encouraged to avail of the extra curricular activities running at lunchtime.
6. School Curriculum & Timetables
Student timetables will be available on VSware next week.
7. Student Care and Wellbeing
The wellbeing of our students is of paramount importance to our school community. When students return to school, all students will be provided with a programme around wellbeing that was developed at national level and designed for all post primary schools. Students will also have support from the following:
· School Guidance Counsellor
· School Completion Co-ordinator
· Pastoral Care Team
· School Management
8.Extra-Curricular Activities/Homework Club and Supervised Study
We are proud of the range of activities we offer, and we look forward to returning to these in the coming academic year..
Homework Club for all first and second years will continue as normal. Evening study will provided subject to demand.