As of today, the public health advice around managing Covid 19 in schools has changed. After consultation with our management body and following the latest public health advice please note the following procedures will operate in Coláiste Fionnchua:
- We will once again hold a morning assembly of each group. It had been the case that assembly was held in individual class groups; this practice will now cease. Each year-head will arrange the setting for assembly and inform the pupils.
- The mandatory wearing of masks or face coverings in now removed and this now rests completely at the discretion of the individual in all cases.
- It will now also be possible to revert to working in small groups within the classroom. We will be moving away from single seats in rooms in coming days.
- Parents are welcome to call to the school office should they have the need. The office is now fully open again, the need to call ahead has been removed.
- The school canteen will operate as normal and there will be no social distancing requirements. The library will act as a spill over area as we will not have the capacity in the canteen for all our students.
- We will continue the practice of ventilating classrooms as this has been advised to continue.
- The ‘One Way’ system for students that is now in place will continue to operate.
You may have questions or concerns that you wish to discuss, if so, feel free to contact Mr. E Cronin or Ms. A O’Keeffe via the school’s office.