Dear Students, Parents and Guardians
We hope you and your family are safe and well and that you are all looking forward to receiving the Leaving Certificate results on Monday, 7 of September 2020. Please see below the arrangements that will be in place to support Leaving Certificate students receiving their results next Monday.
Roadmap for Reopening Schools
The Minister for Education published the Roadmap for the Full Return to School on 28 July 2020. The Roadmap sets out what the operation of schools will look like in a COVID-19 context. It was developed in line with public health advice issued by the Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC) and in compliance with the Return to Work Safely Protocol developed by the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation and the Department of Health with guidance documents provided by the Health and Safety Authority (HSA).
Unfortunately, this means we will not be in a position to accommodate meetings on school premises as has been the practice in previous years. Instead, we ask that you access your results from the online portal through which you registered for Calculated Grades last June and with which you are already familiar with. Students will be able to get advice from our Guidance Counsellor, if they wish but this will be done by via appointment and will be facilitated through the medium of phone call from Monday.
You can request an appointment on Monday by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing Calculated Grades Results online on 7 September
Your Calculated Grades results will be available on 7 September at 9.00 am. We encourage you to login to the Calculated Grades Student Portal. The Department of Education has indicated that a “Before you Begin Guide” will be available on the Student Portal home page to guide you through accessing your results and printing a statement of those results.
Information students will receive on the 7 September
Leaving Certificate Students
You will be able to view your Calculated Grade results online. You can download and print your ‘Statement of Provisional Results of Calculated Grades for Leaving Certificate 2020’. This is the only way to receive a hard copy of your Calculated Grades as, while schools will be provided with details of your results electronically, formal Statements of Provisional Results will not be issued to schools this year.
Leaving Certificate Applied Students
You will be able to view your ‘Statement of Provisional Results’ online. This will show the credits you have achieved. The full ‘Report of Credits and Statement of Provisional Results’ will be issued to your school on 7 September and the school will contact you in relation to this.
How to view estimated subject percentage marks provided by schools
The Calculated Grades Student Portal will reopen on 14 September at 9 am and will provide students with the subject percentage marks they were awarded by the Calculated Grades process. Within the Student Portal, students will also on 14 September be able to access the estimated percentage marks provided by their schools. Students may wish to have access to and consider this data if they are considering an appeal of their Calculated Grade. Students who are unhappy with the Calculated Grades they receive in one or more subjects will have the opportunity to submit an appeal. The appeals process will open on 14 September at 9am and students will be able to access it via the Calculated Grades Student Portal. Students will have until 5pm on 16 September to submit an appeal.
Students and parents/guardians are reminded that there should be no discussions about schools’ estimated marks submitted as part of the Calculated Grades process with staff of the school. Any questions or queries in this regard should be directed to the Calculated Grades helpline/email.
The wellbeing of the students who receive their Calculated Grades will be supported through a number of additional measures:
- The Leaving Certificate student helpline, at 1800 265 165, which is provided by the National Parents Council post primary (NPC-PP) will be available from 11am on 7 September for students to reach a guidance counsellor with any queries that they may have. This helpline will operate until after the CAO first round offers and is staffed by qualified guidance counsellors.
- HSE/HSE-funded service providers will be available to support students through the provision of emental health services, linked here https://www.npcpp.ie/leaving-cert-helpline/
- wellbeing resources developed by the National Educational Psychological Service are available here http://www.gov.ie/leavingcertificate
- The CGEO helpline will be available at 1800 111135 or 1800 111136 from 9am to 4pm from Monday 7 September to Wednesday 16 September. Outside of these hours queries may be emailed to email@example.com
- information available from the Central Applications Office (CAO) at www.cao.ie
Key dates after the 7 September results
Key dates associated with the Leaving Certificate 2020 Calculated Grades process:
- 7 September 2020 – Issue of results to students and schools
- 7 September 2020 – UCAS offers received by students
- 11 September 2020 – CAO Round 1 offers received by students
- 14 September 2020 – Appeals application process opens at 9 am
- 14 September 2020 – Students may submit a request to see the estimated percentage marks from their school and calculated marks from the Calculated Grades Executive Office through the Student Portal which will allow immediate access to this information
- 16 September 2020 – Appeals application process closes at 5 pm
There is a comprehensive range of documentation available at https://www.gov.ie/backtoschool if parents would like to view the relevant information in supporting parents/guardians and students.
Finally, we wish all of the Leaving Certificate class of 2020 the very best of luck on Monday, and we will be looking forward to congratulating you, in person, at some stage in the future. We will support you and guide you in whatever way we can in the coming days should you require advice.